Date Posted: 4/4/2012
Start date: May or June, 2012; internship open until filled
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Salary: Stipend with 3 unit commitment
SRJC: Minimum 2 units (120 hours) commitment; hours arranged
SSU: Minimum 2 unit (90 hours) commitment, 3 (135 hours) preferred; hours
Contact: Hattie Brown, Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation phone: 707-527-9277 x105
The Laguna Foundation is seeking 2-4 interns to support watershed data collection, entry, and analysis. GIS and Mapping intern tasks may include:
• Participate in field research and help collect vegetation data.
• Use GIS technology (ArcPad) to map invasive and endangered plants in the field.
• Use GIS technology (ArcMap) to create maps using field data.
• Perform data entry and management.
• Control invasive plants through use of herbicide and other techniques.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions. Coursework in or familiarity with in GIS is required. Coursework in ecology, ecosystem sciences, botany, and/or entomology is useful. Familiarity with MS Office software is a p