Contact: Suzanne Lang
(GIS lab) 707-576-2954
This is a part-time temporary position (9 months) with potential for full-time State Civil Service appointment. Salary and benefits dependent upon qualifications. Flexible schedule. Ample training and supervision provided.
The Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection is looking to hire a GIS Technician to accomplish data capture of timber harvesting activities, fuels management projects, and other natural resource management activity.
Work entails heavy digitizing, attributing, and data management of File GeoDatabases in ArcGIS 9.2/9.3.
- Familiarity with spatial data concepts
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Experience editing spatial data in ArcMap (understanding of topology very helpful)
- Scrupulous attention to detail
- Willingness to learn basic elements of the California Forest Practice Rules and various Resource Management programs administered through the department
Please email a statement of interest along with your qualifications to:
Feel free to call with your questions about this position.
Suzanne M. Lang
707-576-2954 (GIS lab)